South Africa is a gateway for land-locked countries in southern Africa, with sea imports transported inland by road and rail.
Turners Shipping’s experienced team of specialists offers expertly managed road freight and rail freight solutions. Our specialised Transport Desk handles all your road freight and rail freight requirements. We provide a dedicated service which allows for stricter control of real-time communications and updates.
Turners Shipping employs a selected panel of dedicated carriers who operate on our behalf. This team consists of over 1000 truck and trailer units catering for the following requirements:
- Intermodal truckloads– moving freight to and from the point of entry.
- Vans -for delivering smaller loads of goods to multiple destinations
- Reefers – Delivered to your door at the correct temperature.
- Flat and low-bed combinations – for freight that is oversized or out-of-gauge
- Semi-trailers and tautliners – for efficient cost effective deliveries.
Our Transport Desk is positioned to select the best combination to suit our clients’ cargo requirements. This would cover the following areas:
- Order consolidation – when goods from more than one shipment are consolidated into a single delivery.
- Cross-docking – an efficient solution without the need for warehousing.
- Mode selection – determining the most efficient, cost-effective way of moving freight.
- Transport integration – our experience enables us to move freight smoothly along the supply chain.